Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Getting Acclimated - Day Dos

Day 2...

My watch alarm went off at 6:05 am and I did not get out of bed. Instead I picked up my laptop and began to check some emails and update my website (The Society of Sts. Peter & Andrew). However, today was a tad frustrating as there was a glitch in the site which I was unable to over come until later this day. Despite that I continued to work on it and at 6:20am my iPad alarm went off blasting "Soul Wars" by AWOLNATION. Now I was definitely awake and decided to take a shower. Side Note: I was able to figure out the shower handles very quickly which pleased me very much... it is the little things in life.

After my shower I put on some gym clothes and began to do some morning push ups, followed by going outside and jumping some rope. Let me tell you mis amigos this is where the altitude hit me. I was panting and pretty close to dying... not really, but it wasn't fun. Hopefully I get used to this polluted air soon.

From here I proceeded to the kitchen to get some water and then I took 6 pills: 1 for Vitamin C, 3 for Calcium, and 2 pills of Cod Liver Oil... yummy. I choked on one of the Cod Liver Oil pills and was coughing for about forty five minutes... not very fun.

Anyways at 7:20 I boarded the bus with my house-mates to head for the school, and went straight into a classroom where Roberto, the headmaster, gave a lecture on being a teacher and other such thoughts entirely in Spanish. Oh, and it lasted for two hours. Thankfully I was able to understand a good amount, but I am still tremendously far from being fluent. Following this talk I scheduled an appointment with Rafael (teacher/board of directors) to discuss what I must do to organize the schools library and create their reading programing, and then I went to lunch. The cafeteria served a salsa soup like substance with chips softened inside, it was covered with two types of cheese and some other sauce thing. This was accompanied by beans, miscellaneous fruit and orange/mango juice. It was tasty.

I made may way to the library after lunch and relaxed there for a bit, and checked out some of the books. Soon we all left back home and I continued my work on my site and this blog. This went on for a while, but was broken when Tony invited me to go for a walk around the neighborhood to see what it was like. And let me tell you, I live in a very nice place in Mexico.

Upon our return, I began to listen to some talks on Jesus Christ and whether or not His story is historically probable. The conclusion of all the talks were negative to Christianity, very interesting though. I continued to listen to these talks and began to make dinner. Second day here and it is my day to cook! And so cook... I tried to do... and succeeded.

I made a salad with lettuce, onion, tomato, green pepper, mozzarella cheese, croutons with a dressing I made from olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mashed garlic. As for the main course I boiled pasta, and in a different pan I put in some olive oil, garlic, onion and then cooked up some chicken breasts in this mix. I eventually added some tomato sauce to the chicken and when it was all cooked I poured it onto the pasta. The meal got four and half stars from Tony, and the salad was called "Incredible" by Louis.


This was a nice end to my second day in Mexico.

I hope everything is well with you dear reader.

God Bless.

Yours in Christ,
D.V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment